8.01.2007

Roasted Wild Salmon with Rice and Cauliflower


This recipe turned out to be pretty tasty. It's nice and light and summery (although a 400 degree oven on a hot day isn't always the best). It was something we found in a search on foodnetwork.com.

I was afraid the salmon would be too dry if I baked it on a baking sheet, so I baked it in a skillet, drizzled in olive oil and lemon juice, sprinkled with lemon pepper.

The parmesan cauliflower tasted great... almost like you were being really bad and having it fried because of the texture! I don't have cooking spray, so it too got a light drizzling of olive oil before baking.

Instead of instant brown rice, I used Texmati whole grain Royal Blend. It's much more interesting than regular brown rice (and tastes better too).

The leftover salmon and tomato mixture, combined with fresh avocado, made a great sandwich the next day.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this! CT

Anonymous said...

looks yummy!